OOTW: Second Week of School

The first week of school is usually the time that most people usually dress up because it's a new year, so it's the perfect time to wear that new clothes you got over the summer. But by the second week, it's back to your usual wear and the same old routine. That's why I prefer to use the second week of school as my opportunity to dress up! It also keeps the illusion of the new school year going longer which makes my hope for a fresh start last longer too! Though I technically didn't wear anything new this year around, check out my Outfits of the Week for the second week of school!


Tuesday
☀️81°
Blazer from Target, The Beatles' band tee from KMart, Skinny jeans from Old Navy, and boots from Charlotte Russe.

Last week was Labor Day weekend so there was no school on Monday but on Tuesday I had a lot of stuff to do. Usually when I have long days, I will bring a change of clothes to avoid having to go home and change, but the meeting I had that day was business casual, so I decided to just bring a blazer along to throw on over my outfit when I needed it. I love this look even if I didn't have a meeting to go to. Throwing a blazer on over a graphic tee (especially a band tee) is such a stylish way to dress up the tee. The dark skinny jeans and the boots kept the look sleek and professional enough (closed toed!) while still being casual without the blazer.


Wednesday
☀️79°
Denim button down shirt from Target, White capri pants from Charlotte Russe, necklace and ring from Walmart, and sandals are unknown because I stole them from my mom's closet.

Wednesday was actually a surprisingly cooler day here in Lubbock, it stayed nice and cloudy all day without rain, perfect weather for walking across campus. This look was surprisingly light and breezy despite being long sleeved. I normally wouldn't have ever bought white pants but my mom demanded that I wear white pants for her wedding a few years ago, and they've been a surprisingly great investment. A denim shirt was actually one of those basic staples I didn't own until recently, so I'm having fun figuring out different ways in which I can wear it!


Thursday
☀️84°
Sorority shirt from a sister ;), patterned shorts from Kohl's, and really well worn sandals from my mom's closet.

On Thursday I was feeling pretty lazy and I only have one class so I didn't feel the need to dress up. I went very casual in one of my many sorority shirts (I actually own several in this shade even if that is not anywhere near our official colors) and some colorful shorts I like to wear in the dog days of summer while I still can. These sandals are obviously very well worn as they're my go-to's when I'm in a rush or feeling lazy.


Friday
☀️84°
Shirt from Forever 21, shorts from Charlotte Russe, necklace from Walmart, and shoes from a store at our mall called Traffik.

What I love about this outfit are the small details that tie it all together. Any time I wear this shirt I pair it with these shoes and this necklace because it dresses the whole outfit up instantly without even trying. This shirt is made of a warmer material that can be worn in the winter, but is also breezy enough to be worn now while it's still hot. In the winter I wear this shirt with black leggings and boots, but for now I can wear my favorite pair of distressed shorts with it.


There is nothing wrong with wearing the typical Tech outfit: an oversized shirt and Nike shorts + tennis shoes (you'll never catch me in Chacos as long as I live!), but I do like to make an effort for school sometimes, especially when I know I'll be there for a long time (I'm in a lot of extra curricular activities so I have a lot of meetings to go to).

As much as I love wearing shorts all day every day, I'm not much of a summer person so I personally cannot wait for fall and winter because that is the best time for new outfits! However, I'm going to try and wear all the new pairs of shorts I recently got while I still can! Maybe I'll do a post on how to style the shorts because they are all so cute, but we'll see as fall is fast approaching! What other type of posts would you like to see from me? Let me know! Leave a comment below, the website also allows Facebook comments!!

Be sure to follow the site on all social media accounts at @RedRaiderRunway for updates and use the hashtag #RedRaiderRunway for a chance to be seen and featured!

No comments

RedRaiderRunway. Powered by Blogger.