OOTW: Thanksgiving Weekend

Isn't it strange how every year we dress up for the holidays just to stand around the kitchen and eat? This year I suggested to my mom that we forego dressing up and showing up to our Thanksgiving dinner in pajamas...but she didn't go for it! I'm not sure why, she kept dodging my questions!, but I am going to try and convince her for Christmas though. Hopefully I'll get more people on my side to convince her this time around!

So because I had to dress up, I decided to do a series of OOTD's, or "Outfit of the Day"s for this past Thanksgiving weekend because it was quite eventful. These are my Outfits of the Week(end)! I have also included where I got my articles from if possible just to show that where you get your clothes from doesn't matter as long as you make it look good.








☀️73°
Thanksgiving Parade

Every year my hometown has a tradition of putting on a local parade. It started at 10am but it gets packed so my family and I knew to be there by 8am to get good seats. It was a little windy and chilly so I made sure to keep warm enough with light layers. I almost wore heeled boots but I'm so glad I opted for my go-to brown boots instead because I ended up walking for hours to find a spot to sit!


☀️70°
Thanksgiving Dinner

After the parade, I had plenty of time to nap and get ready for dinner! Since my mom shot down my PJs suggestion, I was going to go all out looking nice for dinner. I've always known Charlotte Russe was my favorite store (I just love their affordable selection!) but seeing it laid out in plain text that I'm dressed head-to-toe in CR is a little embarrassing! I should also point out that this outfit was recently purchased to be worn as my Halloween costume, so I wanted to get good use out of it a second time!

☀️66°
Black Friday

I've never been Black Friday shopping, ever. But this year I really needed a sturdy, supportive backpack that could hold all my stuff because the 2 I had were falling apart! So I asked my grandma if she could buy me one I had been eyeing at Victoria's Secret PINK and she said yes. I figured going on Black Friday would be ideal because there would probably be sales that we could take advantage of. But I forgot that my grandma is a major shopaholic, so we didn't just go to one store! After 6 hours of shopping in purple high-heeled boots, my feet were killing me! I know I shouldn't have worn them, but they are my mom's boots and every time I come into town to visit, I always try to take advantage of the selection of shoes my mom has and wear them because I can't wear them when I'm back in Lubbock! The boots from this outfit are not the only thing borrowed though; the shirt and cardigan are both my roommate's as well! I absolutely love the edginess of the cardigan and t-shirt design. I'm notorious for borrowing people's stuff, no shame!

Photos by Louie Galaviz
☀️64°
Friendsgiving

This year my sister decided to throw a "Friendsgiving" dinner for her close friends on Saturday. I knew it was going to be a more casual event than actual Thanksgiving, but I still wanted to dress up somewhat. Much like my previous outfit, the cardigan was borrowed from my roommate and the shoes and earrings were my mom's! I can't help it, I like to switch up my usual looks with different pieces I can't normally wear!


It was a great weekend visiting my hometown and playing around with different looks. In the past I never really wore cardigans but this fall they have really become a staple of mine. I'll probably continue doing OOTW posts for special holiday weeks!



Please subscribe to Red Raider Runway to be updated every time there is a new post! Use the hashtag #RedRaiderRunway for a chance to be seen and have your posts shared on the site's social media!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

RedRaiderRunway. Powered by Blogger.